I'm an undergraduate student at Drexel University. Most days I leave my dorm in the morning and don't return until the evening, so I carry everything I need for the day with me.
1) My backpack, a North Face Borealis
2) Camelback water bottle: gotta stay hydrated!
3) Clipboard: I use this a lot more than you would expect.
4) Hot Hands hand warmers: it's cold in the winter!
5) Pill capsule: for everything from advil to prescription medication. I bought mine here.
6) Tide Stain Stick: for emergency stains.
7) Mechanical pencil (.5mm lead).
8) Hand Sanitizer.
9) iPod Nano (5th gen) and Apple Earpods: I like keep up with the news by listening to podcasts on my way to class and it's my dedicated music player.
10) One of many external batteries: because I can't seem to make my iPhone battery last a full day. This is one of my favorites.
11) 2014 Planner: for school assignments. I bought it here.
12) TI-84 Graphing Calculator: a must-have for engineering students.
13) Leatherman: I have this one.
14 & 15) Lightning and MicroUSB chargers: even if my devices don't need a charge, someone else's will.
16) Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition: excellent for notetaking during class and where I keep most of my textbooks (as ebooks). I can't say enough good things about it. You can check it out here.
Pictured above are the things that I carry on my person.
iPhone 5S with this case.
My "wallet": a bundle including my college ID, driver's license, debit card, and cash, held together with a binder clip, small enough to fit in my front pocket.